• Announcements

• Big Dumb Object

How To: Logging into the forum.   08/19/2016

Having issues figuring out how to login? It's actually very simple and only takes a few minutes! Just follow these steps: Go to your Account CP on rebirthro.com Find the character whose name you want to use as a display name on the forum Click on "Actions" Click on "Set as forum display name" You can now login on the forum with either your email address or display (character) name, and your in-game password! That's all there is to it! See, simple! If you are having issues getting into the forums you can contact us on support.rebirthro.com -- you also login there with your in game username/password. If you can't register for some reason or are unable to login, email us at this address for assistance (use an email associated with the account you are having issues with if you can -- obviously if you can't register this doesn't apply).
Naples

Easter Event Madness

25 posts in this topic

1:03 A.M. SEA time as I write this down. Some nasty things happened just a few minutes before writing (although I was just a bystander).
Today was the first day of the Easter event and we were met with the requirements of said event. Lo and behold a whopping 5,000 Fluffs. We, the players, were presented the "most efficient" way of getting these Fluffs via Utan Kid at Umbala by giving him Meat in exchange for Fluff -- a simple task at first glance, since Meat costs less than 50 zeny with merchants and you just have to click your way through victory. Pretty simple, right? Or so everyone thought.

I got online around noon local time and went straight for the NPC to get fluffs. 10 minutes in of clicking and pressing enter, I decide to take a break and grab brunch. After brunch I went back at it for a good 30 minutes and took another break thereafter. I thought to myself "Well this is pretty boring, I'm just sitting here staring at my screen clicking away like its my job for this event", but nonetheless I continued the mindless task of spamming clicks and the Enter button. One hour and 30 minutes in I check my progress -- a measly ~3,000 fluffs. By this point I have already entered autopilot mode in which my body just does what it was doing from the past repetitions and I was watching some shows on another device only to check every 20-30 mins or so to see if I need to restock meat and store Fluff etc. Fast forward a couple hours more and I was done with the Fluffs. Throughout the event what I've noticed as a common trend from fellow players is this -- "GOD THIS IS TIRING". Indeed it was. Wasn't even fun too, you're just sitting there clicking away.

To get to my point, the fluff part was far from fun and it seemed more like work than gameplay. I do not see the reason why playing a game should feel like a chore or a job.
And yes I do know monsters drop Fluff but that method is far from efficient and will be more taxing on the long run (remember its 5k pcs). The finding the eggs part was fun to be honest, but the fluff? I'd be having none of that.

Now as for the Issue with the crackdowns of cheaters with the recently sneaky implementation of whatever code thing it was, I'd say its BS. Players play for fun, no? Was spam clicking fun at all? Absolutely not. As I watched main explode and all hell breaks loose, I get reminded of why our numbers are dwindling. Players GRINDING (not playing, but actually friggin grinding like its their god-forsaken job) for hours and are probably doing what I did (spam clicking while watching something else on another screen/device w/e) are met with a sudden ban. "??????????????????????????????????" - would be the first reaction. Confusion, anger, sadness, exhaustion -- all these things kick in at the same time. You're there just trying to get this hurdle out of the way and you're met with that.Such fun, very wow. If it were to happen to me personally I'd be furious and go to grab a drink and stay away from the game for at least a night so I can cool off the next morning and deal with that shit. 

As I've tried to get answers from our almight god ancy all he replied to us was that "if you're human you'd be able to do the code bla bla it has 60 seconds infinite tries". I asked him to take into consideration the fatigue of clicking the damn thing for HOURS just to get it done. Again he disregards it and replies in the same disrespectful manner towards his players. I asked him to do the same thing we did-- to sit there and click endlessly to get this event done-- and tell us if it was fun. Sure enough he agreed to do it and I'll be looking forward to that (but I'd doubt he'll actually do it). If ever the BS "screenies or it didnt happen" comes along then that can suck a fat trash can since that's what it is.

If you don't want people to be cheating in your events (in the case of those that actually did), then don't put out absurd things like that. Yes previous events had cheaters, but I ask everyone, was there any event that was the same as this "left click and press enter spam simulator"? I am, by all means, not in favor of cheating. But when you have events like these that are simply not fun to do and very time consuming, that prompts people to most likely do cheat just to get it done. You are putting the players on a difficult spot. These are the likely options (likely, but not limited to):

- Ignore the event and do something actually fun and at the expense of not getting hats. (very few would do, everyone likes events and hats, right?)

-Play spam simulator (definitely not rro) and see how long you'll last. (RIP fingers/ little attention to actual rro screen/ tedious af/ a LOT of fatigue)

- Earn zeny to buy fluff from other players. (promotes cheats to grab ez money / give a new business for some(at the expense of them not getting fluff for themselves and/or more work time for them to have fluff for themselves)

- Cheat and get fluffs yourself. (saves money / potentially lets you earn money/ NO FATIGUE)

Of these options, cheating has the most positives. So yeah, there's your reason for the cheaters.

So there you have it. Our numbers our hurting and the recent witch hunt for cheaters got innocent players in trouble. Some may log-in an alt to voice out and appeal immediately. Some may take a beer and/or head to bed/do whatever to cool off and deal with it the next day. And worst-case scenario some may leave for good.

This place needs to take care of its people more. I remember the last time ancy got into an argument with someone at main chat and said something along the lines of "I can show you the door", I warned him that it would hurt the RRO population and reputation, I was met with the threat of a ban although it was worded slightly differently. And as I pointed out that he was outright threatening me and community, I was force disconnected just for him to show that he is absolute and that his word is the law. What I'm saying here that you have player relations to work at.

Well whatever, at this point its 2:10 AM SEA time and I'm tired. If this gets deleted well whatever, I just tried to voice out my thoughts. This thing may be worded badly and the phrasing and whatnot is terrible well pardon me for my lack of skill to write something better.

-Naples

Posted (edited)

This thread, if not ignored by admin will be deleted. A lot of people have the same concerns about the event. Yet, IF you get a reply, you'd be lucky if it's even remotely related to the topic.

Seriously, there's no question why a lot of players just choose to leave the server.

Edited by Hoy (see edit history)

This event also got a chance for you to fail. You can get 50 fucking fluffs from Easter Egg after spend hours of clicking, adding more further frustration. I understand your rant and agreed.

i do think the 'macro checker' thing is a bit silly. What's the point sitting there for hours clicking just to do the event. And now you have to type some code that may necessarily screw you over from a number of things, whether it be you disconnect, it bugs out after you type it, urgently need to brb, or yeah just simply tabbed and watching something else.

I saw the response from what happened when it was added and it wasn't pretty at all, I was on about 20 minutes after it happened to check it out and I already saw '20 people have been banned'. I also saw some poor guy countdown his dc cause the NPC bugged out on him and wasn't able to do anything about it but watch. It's not the way to go about the event at all.

Things need to change and they have to be now otherwise you might as well just close down the server now if your event has a higher chance to ban people than actually let people enjoy a simple event.

• Fluff to start the event needs to be divided 10 fold, so 500 instead of 5000, as for Eir/Thor the rates could be whatever you suit fit since the Utah Kid turn in isn't all that expensive.

• Remove the ridiculous checksum from the NPC. Nobody cares if people are using any sort of macro to get the fluff. If you want to fix this, you should do something that's more suitable for the server and add a limit to the amount of times you can turn in meat to the npc per few hours Therefore whether someone uses a 'macro' or not the outcome will be the same for either one who uses the thing.

• Unban and unjail everyone who got banned cause of this, cause it's plain stupid. Banning more people won't make the server healthy.

Seriously, why unban and unjail those cheaters? Those macro thingy/cheaters users are one of the cause of this servers downfall, not only from events but from other things also such as PvP and from WoE. I'm not into argue or what so ever, just want to clarify something from the other side of the problem. 

My suggestion, is to raise the chance of getting those head gears from the event, since it is already difficult getting those fluffs from the first place. "Difficult in, Easy Out" - events should be like that. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Cheerful Sanguine said:

Seriously, why unban and unjail those cheaters? Those macro thingy/cheaters users are one of the cause of this servers downfall, not only from events but from other things also such as PvP and from WoE. I'm not into argue or what so ever, just want to clarify something from the other side of the problem. 

My suggestion, is to raise the chance of getting those head gears from the event, since it is already difficult getting those fluffs from the first place. "Difficult in, Easy Out" - events should be like that. 

How do you know all of them were cheating? There's a bunch of reasons that could of came across as to why it could of occurred as I mentioned in the post above. Also I wouldn't put the 'servers downfall' on the people who use third party programs. If you've been here long enough you'd know the actual reason why but i'll let you figure that one out.

As for your suggestion the chance is pretty decent as it is, just the starting point of getting the fluff is way too steep, which guess what, gives people more of a reason to use an auto clicker or such which is why it needs to be changed. If it was 5,000 for the entire event i'd understand, but it's per character on per account per day. Not newbie friendly at all. Also you're required a minimum free weight of 5,000 to even partake in the event which is very bothersome.

Edited by Jackie (see edit history)

my account did get banned. when im called in the room beside phoenix i am not in to arguing anymore since this event made me tired and vulnerable. i cant react how she cant help me with this issue. maybe just maybe if they were a little considerate about how people would feel about clickng 2500 left clicks plus 5000 enter taps they will not feel crazy about this madness. we all love events. we all do. 

i wont be thanking this game since its their responsibility for thanking us. kudos to my friends and rro players.

Ha? So what's the reason behind those players who have been banned or put into jail?  My point here is, some players who use third party programs, take their advantage, by acquiring instantly those things needed in the event, in turn could be an easy money for them by selling. Some instantly kill easily in PvP and WoE, by means of Macro. I am not pointing out those players who have used auto clickers because of the pain of getting those 5k fluffs. some have other reasons too, and I'm not against it. This cycle of problem will not end for sure, since it is stated from the very beginning that all forms of third party program is not allowed even if your statements were reasonable for using it.

My suggestion is for players complaining in getting 50 fluffs from easter egg, which in my case, unreasonable for those who have farm 5k fluff. And I'm in to reducing the required fluffs also, if that's the case of having crap loots from the easter egg. 

Only about 4 people remained banned. Reason is because they were banned -before- the bot checker was implemented. There was spot checks where we killed the map and raised to see if anyone moved oddly and not respond to anyone when spoken to. 4 people did these things. @E t e r n a l 1 was unfortunately one of these people.

Fluff has been lowered to 2k for Loki.

51 minutes ago, Cheerful Sanguine said:

So what's the reason behind those players who have been banned or put into jail?

Maybe a simple glitch in the code Ancy just put the NPC? I don't know what I did wrong when I was banned. I just entered the digits correctly, the npc dialogue was gone. I continue to go and get fluff. To my surprise, the timer was still ticking in my chat box. I just ignored it cause what can I do, its just 60 secs. I thought nothing will happen since the dialogue box was already gone. The next thing I know, I'm in jail..then banned. I don't know what's wrong with what I did, and after I heard GMs saying stop talking to the NPC for a while, I thought there's something wrong with that code.

Venus got my account unbanned, Phoenix got my character unbanned, thanks to them. But this cost me hours (didn't sleep till morning just to make sure my character is ok) which I think, and other players would agree, isn't fun for a game. Also, getting those who uses macro at the cost of other players' time (and patience) who don't, and seeing Ancy talking to #main as if those who complain in the main chatbox (who can blame them) are all guilty makes me sick.

this event should be fun not tiring. u kinda get to the point when ur used to clicking for 20k times ur body reacts to it like u can do it with eyes closed while not being attentive to the game. i wont argue no more since this is a good time to say i had a good time folks.

Posted (edited)

From my point of view, they intentionally made this event like this (collecting numerous number of item) so we can stay online longer (guess what it was for).

I really missed how event was supposed to be in the past... not spamming clicks, talking to an NPC and get the reward just like last x-mas event, not that simple... even halloween event has more challenge on it (although it needs a little innovation ,yes, it bored me time to time). 

For example, you can make them more unique, just like http://wiki.rebirthro.com/wiki/2009_St_Patrick's_Day_Event or http://wiki.rebirthro.com/wiki/2014_Christmas_Event

This old server needs innovation, just like you-know-who made.

I wish admins look into this... 

P.S: please bring back that St.Patrick Day event along with the prizes, I believe everyone wants that clover..ho-ho-ho..

Edited by NibelStark (see edit history)

7k fluffs via legit clicking / buying 

got four eggs

from those eggs got 150 fluff and 1 hat. 

Conclusion: troll event 

6 hours ago, blueMagus said:

Maybe a simple glitch in the code Ancy just put the NPC? I don't know what I did wrong when I was banned. I just entered the digits correctly, the npc dialogue was gone. I continue to go and get fluff. To my surprise, the timer was still ticking in my chat box. I just ignored it cause what can I do, its just 60 secs. I thought nothing will happen since the dialogue box was already gone. The next thing I know, I'm in jail..then banned. I don't know what's wrong with what I did, and after I heard GMs saying stop talking to the NPC for a while, I thought there's something wrong with that code.

Venus got my account unbanned, Phoenix got my character unbanned, thanks to them. But this cost me hours (didn't sleep till morning just to make sure my character is ok) which I think, and other players would agree, isn't fun for a game. Also, getting those who uses macro at the cost of other players' time (and patience) who don't, and seeing Ancy talking to #main as if those who complain in the main chatbox (who can blame them) are all guilty makes me sick.

The entire reply is great but that part right there just hits the jackpot.

If he keeps treating his players like shit, more people will leave. Plain and simple. Previous staff and players alike left because of terribly treatment.

It's 20 fucking 17 and it still rains BS from the same guy.

Alright whats going on when i was away for 5 days ;c

I haven't try the 'event' but it does sounds really annoying for me to do, Even just read this already tiring me, and yeah i agree events should be fun to do.
Recently our events is just a repeatedly spam clicking event by last valentine and now ;c . I love the easter event years before when u make cakes and do stuffs out it.

I really hope things get better, for events and everything on the server so people actually stays ;3
Some of us stays playing cus we have friends for long time here andwanted to have fun.

So yeah hold ur pants tight together bois o/

18 hours ago, Naples said:

Again he disregards it and replies in the same disrespectful manner towards his players

Shocking

z27 (1).png

Welp, the Supreme Leader has spoken.

Y'all need to be sent to the Re-education Camp.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Shocking

z27 (1).png

Isn't it great that the server don't rely on people and their donations so we treat people like they nothing worth ~:p

2 minutes ago, g c q said:

Isn't it great that the server don't rely on people and their donations so we treat people like they nothing worth ~:p

Surely the server will achieve great stability under the amazing leadership of silencing anyone who remotely talks back,muting people in forums who speak out.

I mean surely if EA can get away with shitting on their players constantly, we can survive dissing 80% of our customer base in one shot.

3 hours ago, g c q said:

The ones who complain more are not the ones who donates anyway.. LOL..Why bother? LOL

6 hours ago, Rayne19 said:

The ones who complain more are not the ones who donates anyway.. LOL..Why bother? LOL

There's so many wrong things about this sentence i dont even know where to start.

So only people who donate a lot have a say in how the server does anything?

So you know how much the people who complain donated? Cause only the owner/gms would possibly know what donation level these people are.

So people who dont donate are irrelevant to the server? Jeez its like you dont know how basic customer service works.

And the cherry on top, Your own opinion is probably invalided by what you just said. Its like blackhole of endless contradictions.

2k fluff = 1 hour of spamming Utan

2 Easter eggs (1-2hours of finding eggs) = 100 fluff 

Is this a troll event ? My suggestion is to remove the fluff as reward. This really kill our interest to do it again. 

3 hours ago, Selome said:

There's so many wrong things about this sentence i dont even know where to start.

So only people who donate a lot have a say in how the server does anything?

So you know how much the people who complain donated? Cause only the owner/gms would possibly know what donation level these people are.

So people who dont donate are irrelevant to the server? Jeez its like you dont know how basic customer service works.

And the cherry on top, Your own opinion is probably invalided by what you just said. Its like blackhole of endless contradictions.

I think he was being sarcastic.

1 hour ago, Bayangz said:

2k fluff = 1 hour of spamming Utan - I got 1k fluff for 20mins, though it may reach for 30mins because of those codes

2 Easter eggs (1-2hours of finding eggs) = 100 fluff - in a party of 4-5 members, we got those eggs for 10-20mins, all members active. are you soloing the event with alts? together with the fluff, you can finish the event for 1hr. but ye, 100 fluff as a reward is frustrating.

Also, since headgears arent tradeable, is it possible to have an item exchanger for duplicate headgears. maybe we can turn in duplicate headgears in exchange for a number of fluff (no, not 50 fluffs please).

Is thfor 1houris a troll event ? My suggestion is to remove the fluff as reward. This really kill our interest to do it again.