I understand the need for chat filters. It's against the server's interest to advertise other servers, so among the phrases we cannot say in-game are some of the most popular servers. Also, it's clear that there are phrases we shouldn't be allowed to say as they are plain racist.
However, it's kind of unfair not to be able to say some of these are expressions a lot of us use often.
- "heal pls" - this is an MMORPG, therefore there would be lots of situations where one would have to use that phrase.
- begging for items and zenies, would puzzle newcomers to the server but I get that it could be annoying.
- any derivative of "putangina" - it's in Filipino, literally meaning a whore mother. It is basically used the same way as "fuck" and "shit", which are allowed in public chat.
- "ragnaok" - apparently, another private server but also a typo of Ragnarok
- "talon" - I know there's a TalonRO, but talon also means jump in Filipino
One of the leaders of MD has a character named Heal Pls and it's ridiculous how we got muted by calling out his name in WoE.
As for the different variants of "putangina", if we cannot say that, then for the sake of fairness, ban curse words in other languages as well.
fuck and shit are in manner.txt yeah, but saying those words won't get one muted. Meaning, filters are either done on the server side, or the txt file is not referencing the current list of chat filters.
rebirthro suck rebirth suck gms suck gm suck ancyker suck upstanding black citizen upstanding black citizen n igger n igga niggg ni gger ni gga nig ger nig ga nigg er nigg a nigge r n i g g e r n i g g pinoy scam tangina tang ina putang event pl heal pls zeny pls item plz heal plz zeny plz item plz talonro talon ro forsaken-ro forsaken ro forsakenro dreamerro dreamer ro fable-ragnarok fable ragnarok fable ro fablero ragnaok tervistro tervist ro avid-ro avid ro avidro xatiyaro xatiya ro inertiaro inertia ro extalia myro my ro. fuck f*ck fu*k fuc* shit s*it sh*t shi*