• Announcements

• Big Dumb Object

How To: Logging into the forum.   08/19/2016

Having issues figuring out how to login? It's actually very simple and only takes a few minutes! Just follow these steps: Go to your Account CP on rebirthro.com Find the character whose name you want to use as a display name on the forum Click on "Actions" Click on "Set as forum display name" You can now login on the forum with either your email address or display (character) name, and your in-game password! That's all there is to it! See, simple! If you are having issues getting into the forums you can contact us on support.rebirthro.com -- you also login there with your in game username/password. If you can't register for some reason or are unable to login, email us at this address for assistance (use an email associated with the account you are having issues with if you can -- obviously if you can't register this doesn't apply).

Edit History

Hoy

Hoy

I understand the need for chat filters. It's against the server's interest to advertise other servers, so among the phrases we cannot say in-game are some of the most popular servers. Also, it's clear that there are phrases we shouldn't be allowed to say as they are plain racist.

However, it's kind of unfair not to be able to say some of these are expressions a lot of us use often.

•  "heal pls"  - this is an MMORPG, therefore there would be lots of situations where one would have to use that phrase.
  • begging for items and zenies, would puzzle newcomers to the server but I get that it could be annoying.
  • any derivative of "putangina" - it's in Filipino, literally meaning a whore mother. It is basically used the same way as "fuck" and "shit", which are allowed in public chat.
  • "ragnaok" - apparently, another private server but also a typo of Ragnarok
  • "talon" - I know there's a TalonRO, but talon also means jump in Filipino

One of the leaders of MD has a character named Heal Pls and it's ridiculous how we got muted by calling out his name in WoE.

As for the different variants of "putangina", if we cannot say that, then for the sake of fairness, ban curse words in other languages as well.

fuck and shit are in manner.txt yeah, but saying those words won't get one muted. Meaning, filters are either done on the server side, or the txt file is not referencing the current list of chat filters.

\RebirthRO\data\manner.txt

rebirthro suck
rebirth suck
gms suck
gm suck
ancyker suck
upstanding black citizen
upstanding black citizen
n igger
n igga
niggg
ni gger
ni gga
nig ger
nig ga
nigg er
nigg a
nigge r
n i g g e r
n i g g
pinoy scam
tangina
tang ina
putang
event pl
heal pls
zeny pls
item plz
heal plz
zeny plz
item plz
talonro
talon ro
forsaken-ro
forsaken ro
forsakenro
dreamerro
dreamer ro
fable-ragnarok
fable ragnarok
fable ro
fablero
ragnaok
tervistro
tervist ro
avid-ro
avid ro
avidro
xatiyaro
xatiya ro
inertiaro
inertia ro
extalia
myro
my ro.
fuck
f*ck
fu*k
fuc*
shit
s*it
sh*t
shi*
Hoy

Hoy

rebirthro suck
rebirth suck
gms suck
gm suck
ancyker suck
upstanding black citizen
upstanding black citizen
n igger
n igga
niggg
ni gger
ni gga
nig ger
nig ga
nigg er
nigg a
nigge r
n i g g e r
n i g g
pinoy scam
tangina
tang ina
putang
event pl
heal pls
zeny pls
item plz
heal plz
zeny plz
item plz
talonro
talon ro
forsaken-ro
forsaken ro
forsakenro
dreamerro
dreamer ro
fable-ragnarok
fable ragnarok
fable ro
fablero
ragnaok
tervistro
tervist ro
avid-ro
avid ro
avidro
xatiyaro
xatiya ro
inertiaro
inertia ro
extalia
myro
my ro.
fuck
f*ck
fu*k
fuc*
shit
s*it
sh*t
shi*

I understand the need for chat filters. It's against the server's interest to advertise other servers, so among the phrases we cannot say in-game are some of the most popular servers. Also, it's clear that there are phrases we shouldn't be allowed to say as they are plain racist.

However, it's kind of unfair not to be able to say some of these are expressions a lot of us use often.

•  "heal pls"  - this is an MMORPG, therefore there would be lots of situations where one would have to use that phrase.
  • begging for items and zenies, would puzzle newcomers to the server but I get that it could be annoying.
  • any derivative of "putangina" - it's in Filipino, literally meaning a whore mother. It is basically used the same way as "fuck" and "shit", which are allowed in public chat.
  • "ragnaok" - apparently, another private server but also a typo of Ragnarok
  • "talon" - I know there's a TalonRO, but talon also means jump in Filipino

One of the leaders of MD has a character named Heal Pls and it's ridiculous how we got muted by calling out his name in WoE.

As for the different variants of "putangina", if we cannot say that, then for the sake of fairness, ban curse words in other languages as well.

fuck and shit are in manner.txt yeah, but saying those words won't get one muted. Meaning, filters are either done on the server side, or the txt file is not referencing the current list of chat filters.