• Announcements

    • Big Dumb Object

      How To: Logging into the forum.   08/19/2016

      Having issues figuring out how to login? It's actually very simple and only takes a few minutes! Just follow these steps: Go to your Account CP on rebirthro.com Find the character whose name you want to use as a display name on the forum Click on "Actions" Click on "Set as forum display name" You can now login on the forum with either your email address or display (character) name, and your in-game password! That's all there is to it! See, simple! If you are having issues getting into the forums you can contact us on support.rebirthro.com -- you also login there with your in game username/password. If you can't register for some reason or are unable to login, email us at this address for assistance (use an email associated with the account you are having issues with if you can -- obviously if you can't register this doesn't apply).
Big Dumb Object

The Return of Eir

84 posts in this topic

Eir returns, likely with the following changes:

Rates

  • Exp: 5x (same)
  • Drop: 3x (same)
  • MVP Cards: 1x (lower)

Premium Items

  • Some will be somewhat stronger.
  • Most will be permanent.
  • The strongest items will be rental only.

Quests, NPC's, & Regular Items

  • Eir will get most of Loki's content, and will be more like Loki than before. Like in the proposed changes to Thor, the content for Eir will be rewritten to be more cohesive.
  • Eir will also get the renewal instances, but with monsters and items adjusted for pre-re.

The old data will not be kept. (Sorry, but apparently we don't have it anymore.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only reason Eir's old players wishes to come back is to play WITH whatever gears that they got previously. This is like starting back from zero and I don't think most of them will return with such circumstances. To tell you the truth, I wanna return because I had spend precious time farming gears and I wanna use them. And recruit new players to woe and stuff. This is exactly like @Naples said. More salt to the wounds..:(

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess its a good thing ive moved on since i aint starting over from scratch again 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda feels sad for these old players, worked for years for their stuff and now it is all poof and they should act like everything is fine. haha

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if they could somehow come up with a list of old players and characters they could potentially give some kind of veteran Eir bonus. Not saying they will but it's an option. Partial C compensation or something.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Synel said:

Well, if they could somehow come up with a list of old players and characters they could potentially give some kind of veteran Eir bonus. Not saying they will but it's an option. Partial C compensation or something.

I agree with this one. At least something to give us back. Not to mention the hard work that we had been doing. Starting from zero will not help Eir to get back like it used to.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than one person said that they did not have a problem starting from cero, and that in adition to that a new server opening would seem as a nice approach to advertise the server to get new comers interested.

I understand the old Eir players having their time wasted this way, but now that its decided to bring it back again, you guys start a dilemma with starting from cero. I feel like its a bit unfair and its placing the staff in a corner. 

I dont agree with starting from cero and to be honest I cant really believe its data would be deleted, that just seems negligent.

 

Edited by Acaellus (see edit history)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I'm not trying to push anything on the staff. Bottom line, if they don't have the previous data they don't have it. Finding out how it happened, whether through negligence, necessity or accident, won't change anything. I thought the bonus for older players might be a good thing for those that have been waiting for awhile now. I never played Eir before but I'd like to try it out, so I'll be starting from scratch myself. 

Being completely honest, when i saw the responses to the people asking for the server back from the staff, from my perspective, they didn't want to bring it back; For the same reasons I stated in the other topic. Now that it is coming back though, I'm not sure what to think.

Edited by Synel (see edit history)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never said I wanted to find out how it happened. I am just stating that having a whole server data deleted is just stupid in my opinion.

I do agree, some type of bonus for veteran Eir players would be nice to bring back what little population it had. But then again, if they do not have any data on Eir, I doubt they can come up with some type of list to know who is a veteran and who is not.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.11.2016 at 8:05 PM, Big Dumb Object said:

Eir returns, likely with the following changes:

Rates

  • Exp: 5x (same)
  • Drop: 3x (same)
  • MVP Cards: 1x (lower)

Premium Items

  • Some will be somewhat stronger.
  • Most will be permanent.
  • The strongest items will be rental only.

Quests, NPC's, & Regular Items

  • Eir will get most of Loki's content, and will be more like Loki than before. Like in the proposed changes to Thor, the content for Eir will be rewritten to be more cohesive.
  • Eir will also get the renewal instances, but with monsters and items adjusted for pre-re.

The old data will not be kept. (Sorry, but apparently we don't have it anymore.)

 

The old data is gone okay, but what about items we had donated for. Will we get the donation credits refunded to buy them again?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Oi the Massacre PART X said:

 

The old data is gone okay, but what about items we had donated for. Will we get the donation credits refunded to buy them again?

As it stands now, no, as that data is gone as well (stored in the same place). Right now the main thing we are considering is giving previous Eir players some sort of special status that gives them certain benefits long term. Think sort of like VIP, but not VIP, and it doesn't cost anything and lasts effectively forever. We'll probably, quite obviously, call it veteran status.

There's also talk of potentially even more changes to what Eir would be, if these changes go through, and at this point this seems 90% likely, we won't be calling it Eir.

The discussion at hand is to, instead of bringing Eir back as described, to replace it with a new classic server that has 20x rates (classic as in pre-trans, not pre-renewal). This would give us 1 of every server (1 classic/pre-trans, 1 trans/pre-re, and 1 re). It would keep servers from competing with each other, as a pre-re server, even if it is a low rate, directly competes with Loki in most new players eyes. Even Thor is really competing with Loki, though not as much as Eir would be.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think i know who butchered the eir files but you can't make me tell you who it is :D

and i have to agree with ancy's idea with the new eir. make it pre-trans. that way our server is well rounded. i have friends who miss the pre-trans server. imma go tell them about this once everything is finalized on our end.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2016 at 9:45 AM, Big Dumb Object said:

As it stands now, no, as that data is gone as well (stored in the same place). Right now the main thing we are considering is giving previous Eir players some sort of special status that gives them certain benefits long term. Think sort of like VIP, but not VIP, and it doesn't cost anything and lasts effectively forever. We'll probably, quite obviously, call it veteran status.

There's also talk of potentially even more changes to what Eir would be, if these changes go through, and at this point this seems 90% likely, we won't be calling it Eir.

The discussion at hand is to, instead of bringing Eir back as described, to replace it with a new classic server that has 20x rates (classic as in pre-trans, not pre-renewal). This would give us 1 of every server (1 classic/pre-trans, 1 trans/pre-re, and 1 re). It would keep servers from competing with each other, as a pre-re server, even if it is a low rate, directly competes with Loki in most new players eyes. Even Thor is really competing with Loki, though not as much as Eir would be.

If classic pre-trans means no assassin cross class, then I strongly disagree!! This is madness!! I've been fighting for Eir's revival and its gonna be a weird server later on. I really am against it! :(

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not pleased ( WHERE IS MY FORUM ACC) 

 

How strong is slightly stronger premium items? Are there special people testing/watching to check for balance (which had 'minor' issues in Eir before)

 

Shame of my donates, chars and mvp cards though.. 

~Niels

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Being one of the players who gonna lose a lot of crap... kinda annoys me the new of the "lost data"... okai i can swallow it, but at least leave the server the way it was before... whats the point of changes if everyone just want to play the same old Eir.

-Skelly~

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2016 at 1:40 PM, Fizste said:

I think the only reason Eir's old players wishes to come back is to play WITH whatever gears that they got previously. This is like starting back from zero and I don't think most of them will return with such circumstances. To tell you the truth, I wanna return because I had spend precious time farming gears and I wanna use them. And recruit new players to woe and stuff. This is exactly like @Naples said. More salt to the wounds..:(

I feel you.

 

Admins, @Big Dumb Object,

 

My follow-up question pertaining to the compensation to Eir members: How are the admins determining who is being compensated and can you elaborate on the "veteran" status?

 

v/r

Litany

 

Edited by Litany (see edit history)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been over a week and I cannot even get a response as a courtesy. I had higher expectations from an admin/spokes person for RebirthRO. A simple follow-up would suffice.

v/r

Litany

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh how sad :( I just logged back in after like 4 years of not playing and found everything gone. It's especially depressing because I've been on Eir since 2006 and poof! All that time  and all the pretty items farmed are all gone. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really miss this game. When is this happening? I'd love to start over. Sure it sucks we're all losing stuff but it'll be fun to re-do everything. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eir is up but somehow without Kafras and some other NPCs also missing. And the Drop rate seems to be 1x instead of 3x.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.