• Announcements

• Big Dumb Object

How To: Logging into the forum.   08/19/2016

Having issues figuring out how to login? It's actually very simple and only takes a few minutes! Just follow these steps: Go to your Account CP on rebirthro.com Find the character whose name you want to use as a display name on the forum Click on "Actions" Click on "Set as forum display name" You can now login on the forum with either your email address or display (character) name, and your in-game password! That's all there is to it! See, simple! If you are having issues getting into the forums you can contact us on support.rebirthro.com -- you also login there with your in game username/password. If you can't register for some reason or are unable to login, email us at this address for assistance (use an email associated with the account you are having issues with if you can -- obviously if you can't register this doesn't apply).
Big Dumb Object

Thor Changes

25 posts in this topic

Proposed changes to Thor are as follows...

Rates

• Exp Rates: Raised to 200x
  • Normal item drop rates: Raised to 20x
  • MVP drop rates: Left at 10x
  • Regular cards: Raised to 20x
  • MVP cards: Left at 2x

Premium Items

• Cash shop items will have their power increased to be more like they were on Tyr. Maybe slightly better.
  • Some non-rentals will be added.
  • The strongest items will remain rental only.
  • 100 Point Coins will be added until the system which lets items be sold for points is done.

NPC's, Quests, & Regular Items

• Thor will slowly get a lot of Loki's custom content (as in quests), but it will be modified to be more cohesive.
  • Thor will slowly get the official renewal instances, but with modified (better) rewards.

I don't really know how to feel about this...

well I am happy thor is getting something, but cant get this thought that something is wrong out of my brain...

___

hope someone with the same "feeling" has a better way to put it on words than me :(

Edited by Watanuki (see edit history)

Wonderful idea. I would definitely come back if there was changes like this. Just QoL changes is good enough for me. Hopefully its good for everyone else too.

7 hours ago, YerAWizurdHarry said:

Wonderful idea. I would definitely come back if there was changes like this. Just QoL changes is good enough for me. Hopefully its good for everyone else too.

It's not good enough ¬¬

Quite frankly all this should have been done long time ago. I'm most certainly glad that thor is getting the attention it deserves and I am grateful about the things that are being implemented. But all you said is that your gonna add some more overpriced headgears and raise the rates!!! but when it comes to the good stuff its gonna come to us at turtle speed. "WHAT"? This little forum update on thor sounds good considering how long we have been waiting for *This Type of update* but with out anyone to gm the server were bound to get the same results as we did when the last pair of Lazy and unenthused gm's were here. Its really just absurd that they only bitch about inappropriate names instead of catering to a dying server and its players. RebirthRO's Rinse and repeat cycle of gm's must come to a end. @Big Dumb Object Thanks for the update :PxD:D Long Live Thor~~!!!!!

On 11/14/2016 at 2:57 AM, Big Dumb Object said:

Proposed changes to Thor are as follows...

Rates

• Exp Rates: Raised to 200x
  • Normal item drop rates: Raised to 20x
  • MVP drop rates: Left at 10x
  • Regular cards: Raised to 20x
  • MVP cards: Left at 2x

Premium Items

• Cash shop items will have their power increased to be more like they were on Tyr. Maybe slightly better.
  • Some non-rentals will be added.
  • The strongest items will remain rental only.
  • 100 Point Coins will be added until the system which lets items be sold for points is done.

NPC's, Quests, & Regular Items

• Thor will slowly get a lot of Loki's custom content (as in quests), but it will be modified to be more cohesive.
  • Thor will slowly get the official renewal instances, but with modified (better) rewards.

I liked this idea but GM please advertise thor server on some SNS to invite more players. I will stay on thor and help if there are some newbies.. xDxDxD 

a well deserved update for thor.

i think ancy's gonna be busy with his baby :D

best of luck thor!

Ancy put a lot of work into this. It's really sad to see it go to waste so i'll definitely start playing again if it means, someone is working on the server. :D

I am hoping to see a lot of player on Thor. MvPing without competitor is not fun

Suggestion :

- Maybe increase mvp card drop rate? we have less player

- More friendlier to newbie. Give some zeny and basic set equipment

- auto buffing npc for newbie

Another suggestion, I just forward things that has happened now in Thor. Mainly about newbie friendly.

- reset girl is too expensive

- a training ground for people who start new. They can choose to do the tutorial or no. People who do the tutorial get something like 'costume for beginner'. 

- Training ground should cover all the basic aspect (pets, economy, element, etc)

- After finish into the training ground, directly transfer the player to Eden group. Eden agent should be obviously placed. Place it near kafra.

- 1 account get free 'reset skill item' non-transferable. people make mistakes. At least at the beginning of the game give people a training ground and warn them that they should be careful when distributing skill or stats. If they have to do reset, tell them how much it cost beforehand.

7 hours ago, MiMiChiiiiii said:

- a training ground for people who start new. They can choose to do the tutorial or no. People who do the tutorial get something like 'costume for beginner'. 

Izlude academy is still operational as far as I can tell... right?_?

7 hours ago, MiMiChiiiiii said:

- Training ground should cover all the basic aspect (pets, economy, element, etc)

Don't know about economy, but rest I think is cover...

my only thing to say about the academy is that it's too... 

hidden for new players, lets be honest most people just go straight to prontera and if they end up in izlude they skip npcs and go straight to field or kafra

The most obvious question

When is the changes take place?

In addition, could GM please give Thor event? (beside automatic poporing event). We know there are only few of us in Thor. But I believe among them, people already donate and waiting for beautiful thing happen on Thor.

I'm looking forward to the Proposed Changes to Thor, mostly new *Cash Shop Items, and the higher rates for non-mvp drops, and such.
I hope that the "Treasure Hunter quests (also known as THQ)" get added as well.

*Would love to see some multi-slot headgear stuffs, that add a Skill and/or +30 or +25 or +15 or something to all stats, or, like, something to boost Attack Speed.
There's stuff like that in the Cash Shop on Loki, and it's restricted to use only outside of WOE and some other special areas. That's cool, because it helps SO MUCH when farming up cards, and ingredients, and stuff. It feels pretty silly to spend 2 minutes wailing on a normal monster, to get some fabric, or something, or having to spam spells and run out of SP. xD I dunno... Maybe I'm just spoiled by Loki's game mechanics? :D

Only been playin on Thor for less than a week. I probably need different gears/equips or enchants or cards or something.
Gonna play on Thor for at least a couple of MONTHS before I make any formal suggestions through the Helpdesk.

Edited by Pepper Penelope (see edit history)

Haven't played or visited in a while so my opinion will for the most part be moot.

I'm on board with everything but the custom content, while I see where your heart lies with the change, it's (IMHO) the exact same reason why Loki is dead to me. New Customs that eventually overshadowed Official and Older Custom items, it was just tedious having to farm things only to have them obsolete -- that and because Non-Donor was getting very little to no love at all and the Non-Donor playerbase vanished completely.

I may have to log in again to try it out though, let's just hope that tuning them to be more in line with Thor's standards works.

On 12/14/2016 at 0:12 AM, Central said:

Haven't played or visited in a while so my opinion will for the most part be moot.

I'm on board with everything but the custom content, while I see where your heart lies with the change, it's (IMHO) the exact same reason why Loki is dead to me. New Customs that eventually overshadowed Official and Older Custom items, it was just tedious having to farm things only to have them obsolete -- that and because Non-Donor was getting very little to no love at all and the Non-Donor playerbase vanished completely.

I may have to log in again to try it out though, let's just hope that tuning them to be more in line with Thor's standards works.

"It was just tedious having to farm things only to have them obsolete"
How often did this happen? Do you mostly do PVP or WoE and not PvM?
I'm not nit-picking, I'm just curious. ;)

Edited to add:
On second thought, maybe your post was tounge-in-cheek? I mean, complaining about having to farm things? in Ragnarok Online? Isn't that, like, the main thing to do in the game? Kinda the main point of it? If they didn't add new stuff to farm, and new places to go, why would people keep playing?

Again, I ask, how often did they obsolete stuff? I only started playing on Rebirth RO about a year ago (On Loki).
With a donate +30 stat mid gear, and a donate +15 stat lower gear, you can get to max ASPD by lv 100 or so. After that, you can farm for stuff to make yourself a +8 (or 9 or 10) Alligator Armor Set, and then farm for stuff to make a Drooping Amistr. From there, you can pretty much farm whatever else you want, that's not in any "no-donates-allowed" areas, and hit max level in the process. Once max level, you can readjust your stats, for the absence of the two aforementioned Donate Items, and start working towards the RDC and CEDI stuffs.
You also need to be near max level to even participate in Battlegrounds, if that's something you want gears from, too.

From my own (short and recent) experiences with Thor, It's pretty clear that it is way too hard for new players to hit the ground running.
I'm going to stick to Loki until they add some Donates, and/or get rid of the -10 ASPD Penalty for using a Shield* ...

*So long as it doesn't unbalance the game mechanics really bad, or something. Dunno if it will. Thor's Game Mechanics are still rather alien to me. I need more experience with it.

Edited by Pepper Penelope (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Pepper Penelope said:

"It was just tedious having to farm things only to have them obsolete"
How often did this happen? Do you mostly do PVP or WoE and not PvM?
I'm not nit-picking, I'm just curious. ;)

Edited to add:
On second thought, maybe your post was tounge-in-cheek? I mean, complaining about having to farm things? in Ragnarok Online? Isn't that, like, the main thing to do in the game? Kinda the main point of it? If they didn't add new stuff to farm, and new places to go, why would people keep playing?

Again, I ask, how often did they obsolete stuff? I only started playing on Rebirth RO about a year ago (On Loki).
With a donate +30 stat mid gear, and a donate +15 stat lower gear, you can get to max ASPD by lv 100 or so. After that, you can farm for stuff to make yourself a +8 (or 9 or 10) Alligator Armor Set, and then farm for stuff to make a Drooping Amistr. From there, you can pretty much farm whatever else you want, that's not in any "no-donates-allowed" areas, and hit max level in the process. Once max level, you can readjust your stats, for the absence of the two aforementioned Donate Items, and start working towards the RDC and CEDI stuffs.
You also need to be near max level to even participate in Battlegrounds, if that's something you want gears from, too.

From my own (short and recent) experiences with Thor, It's pretty clear that it is way too hard for new players to hit the ground running.
I'm going to stick to Loki until they add some Donates, and/or get rid of the -10 ASPD Penalty for using a Shield* ...

*So long as it doesn't unbalance the game mechanics really bad, or something. Dunno if it will. Thor's Game Mechanics are still rather alien to me. I need more experience with it.

I've been playing since December 2009 up until like 2011 or 2012 (I don't remember), since then I've been on and (mostly) off, you're just saying things I already know and have experienced.

You failed to include that I was a Non-Donor player, so I have nothing to say about Donor related things aside from needing your 3 Helms and possibly situational/Buff Helms if you had the (RL) money or time to farm PP for them, even Premium MVP cards.

This was a time where farming Tidal Shoes and Wool Scarves for +7 and +9-10 were still a thing, when Valkyrie equipment was one of the best options, when BG equipment was worth using (I have a +7 set I tortured myself over getting), having to work with only 3, 2, 1, and sometimes no slots on your headgear, again talking Non-Donor. Crafting, Cedi, and Orc/Nieve were exciting updates, I won't deny that, possibly the peak of rRO, but was also where it started to break the game, and every update after that didn't help. Poring City, Catacombs MVP, etc.

Every update introduced something new that made the game harder to manage and adapt with, Stalkers and Snipers reigning during Orc Champion Helm broken coding, etc.

Possibly the BIGGEST offender of them all was BCA -- this one is self-explanatory. Game balance literally flew out of the door, back when there were maybe 1 or 2 LEGIT High Wizard Cards, back when they were going for what... 2,000 PP? I don't even want to know how many there are now.

Edit: Non-Donor definitely had the best players and possibly the most skilled players compared to Donor, where it was just a numbers game. I stopped playing because having to keep up with everything being released and the dwindling population was just tiring, especially after devoting my time into some of the best years of this game and watching it all go to waste.

Thor itself is fine, this game is just old, if they had released Thor back when this server had a ton of people playing, it'd probably be the best one out there, and balanced too.

Edited by Central (see edit history)

Hi all, iam new player from weird Russia (where vodka, bears and freezing cold weather). I have played a lot Renewal servers, and want to play Thor because here is max stat as desired and game balance fine i think, but its too hard to leveling, too low drop rates ( please make MVP card drop rate 0,2%), too expensive services comparised to drop rate (like stat reset and warp).   Iam playing Ranger as main char. What the hell with ASPD - i have 95 AGI, 100 DEX, and my aspd is low 169 without buffs, WTF? Damage is too low i think, 1500 dmg with DS and Gakkung bow... =(  Zooming out the screen is too low, i need a much more zoom out camera!

Anyway its too hard for mid-rate PvP server! OK, I will play a bit longer, and see what GM`s will do with this. (200x rates already implemented?) 

edited: cant find any info on Thor events, quests, custom items, premium points...

Edited by 3AMAHYXA (see edit history)

Power creep is a major issue with Loki. The biggest problem with Loki is each administration after the first time I was admin tried to prove they were "better" and in doing so offered new rewards to completely obsolete anything I added. Then, the next administration did the same, trying to prove they were "better" than the previous; and so on. The stuff I added is worthless, even the removed-because-they-were-insanely-op legendary sets are meek by today's standards. Ramsey added stuff that had more stats than what I added, and then Lilalyn did the same. More recently, Luxuri attempted that as well, though to a lesser extent (because he knew how bad power creep was). I've been trying to avoid power creep in items, but at this point on Loki there's so many items that abuse effects (adding 5 or more effects) that it's hard to make some new combination that's useful without being directly better than everything similar to it.

On Thor, the plan is to rebalance all this content from Loki and make it all inline with each other. So items from Cedi and RDC are at least close enough that even if one is better, the difference is small (and "better" would require the entire set, for instance). That means you're going to be seeing less giant lists of stats on items, contrasting Thor and Loki. An item that does 7 things on Loki would do 2 or 3 on Thor, and likely one of those things would be considered negative (more like official items such as HP- and SP+, etc, trading one stat for another).

That said, Thor is finally getting brought up to speed next maintenance. From here on you're going to start seeing changes to Thor, the first of which is just bringing it up to speed with the large Hercules merge that Loki got. In the new year you'll start seeing the changes proposed in this thread being added. I don't want to just drop a bunch of new stuff in at once. Instead, everything will be added slowly so that we can see the effect of these changes and adjust them as needed. The issue with what Luxuri was doing was that when you add lots of stuff at once and people get upset and quit or the balance of power changes it's not always straight forward why something happened. Often people themselves don't even know what they don't like, or what they think is upsetting them isn't actually what's upsetting them. Psychology is a complex beast, as such we'll be taking our time here. We're also opening a third server once again, so focus will be split a bit but the new server actually is fairly light weight compared to Loki/Thor so shouldn't take too much time. That too won't be opening until we are in the new year.

On 12/20/2016 at 9:46 PM, Big Dumb Object said:

Thor is finally getting brought up to speed next maintenance. From here on you're going to start seeing changes to Thor

This get me excited :3

you know what they say (whoever they are :D) "learn from yesterday and hope for tomorrow"

:)

On 11/19/2016 at 5:51 PM, MiMiChiiiiii said:

Another suggestion, I just forward things that has happened now in Thor. Mainly about newbie friendly.

- After finish into the training ground, directly transfer the player to Eden group. Eden agent should be obviously placed. Place it near kafra.

- 1 account get free 'reset skill item' non-transferable. people make mistakes. At least at the beginning of the game give people a training ground and warn them that they should be careful when distributing skill or stats. If they have to do reset, tell them how much it cost beforehand.

Yeah Me and my friends just started playing Thor after years of Loki, and that reset girl is straight ridiculous, especially for something like a stalker where builds can revolve around what spell they have copied? 10 mil just seems outrageous, but im accustomed to the 100k at Loki, so I'm not sure how the economy is here at Thor.

On 11/20/2016 at 7:51 AM, MiMiChiiiiii said:

The reason why I stop playing Thor back then. Just 2 hours and I stopped. LOL