[Maintenance Notes][Major] 2018-04-19

Maintenance_4-17-2018_Banner.png

Greetings players! In this maintenance, we have added a few big updates and fixed some bugs. Additionally, we would like to remind players that the Easter Event will end on April 21st.

Updates

tumblr_inline_mgqkkudaXY1qk1or3.gif  Yummy, fluffy Pancakes have arrived!  tumblr_inline_mgqkkudaXY1qk1or3.gif

• The obsolete Bacon system has been replaced with an updated with the Pancakes System.
  • Some Bacon-related items have already been replaced with their Pancake counterparts. For items that have not been replaced automatically, please visit the Pancake Exchanger which can be found at Prontera (186, 213) and Eden Group's Kitchen @go Eden (183,46) to exchange any outstanding items.
  • Along with Pancakes, we have also introduced Heroic Shop and Monster of the Day to help both newbies and veterans alike!
  • Pancakes begins in Prontera with Pancaline at (187,210) or at Eden Group's Kitchen/@go Eden (180,49) where you turn-in your Pancakes to lot for items or to create brand new balloon costumes!
    • Pancaline also takes in those awful Baby Packets, Novice Packets, Third Job Packets, and Rainbow Acids
    • Pancaline's balloons currently include Deviruchis Balloon, Lunatic Balloon, Marina Balloon, Savage Babe Balloon, and Teddy Bear Balloon
  • Pancakes can be obtained through Monster of the Day, Heroic Shop, GM Events, Pancarings, or through the Pancake Card from Pancaline!
    • Wild Roses that roam in towns have been replaced by these cute lil dudes called Pancarings  puddingring.gif
  • Heroic Shop and Monster of the Day can be found at the signboards at Prontera (147,172) and Eden Group/@go 39 (31,31) - you must accept the mission from the signboard (or PM NPC:Monster of the Day) in order to start MOTD!
    • Completion of MOTD will reward players with 3 Pancakes, 1-3 Heroic Points and 20 CEDI points
    • Heroic Points can be exchanged for various items, equipment, ingredients for Pancaline's exclusive balloons, and the amazing Day/Night rings which help players with MOTD even more!

tumblr_inline_mi2vk3PsRP1qz4rgp.gif

Mora Village has been updated so get ready to get Hazy in the forest! LOST_DRAGON.gif

• Mora Daily Quests have been updated to reflect Loki's gameplay. You can begin the Daily Quests after completing the Wandering Guardian Quest. Be careful wandering the Hazy Forest - you must walk through the entire map in order to succeed so bring a friend as dragon bait for some company!
  • With the introduction of Mora's Daily Quests, players will now be able to obtain Mora Coins! Mora coins can be used to purchase Mora-exclusive equipment and endow them with fancy new enchantments. Here is a brief overview of the items and more details are available here:
    • The Golden Rod set has been adjusted for High Wizards and includes:
      • Golden Rod Staff[2] - Two-handed
      • Empowered Golden Rod Staff[2] - Two-handed
      • Golden Rod Robe
      • Golden Rod Orb
      • Golden Rod Shoes
    • The Forest set has been adjusted for High Wizards and includes:
      • Forest Staff[2] - Two-handed
      • Empowered Forest Staff[2] - Two-handed
      • Forest Robe
      • Forest Orb
      • Forest Shoes
    • The Aqua set has been adjusted for Professors and includes:
      • Aqua Staff[2] - Two-handed
      • Empowered Aqua Staff[2] - Two-handed
      • Aqua Robe
      • Aqua Orb
      • Aqua Shoes
    • The Crimson set has been adjusted for Professors and includes:
      • Crimson Staff[2] - Two-handed
      • Empowered Crimson Staff[2] - Two-handed
      • Crimson Robe
      • Crimson Orb
      • Crimson Shoes
    • The following items have been adjusted for High Priests:
      • Bible of Promise (Vol. 1)
      • Light of Cure
      • Seal of Cathedral
      • Ring of Archbishop
    • The Affection set has been adjusted for High Priests and includes:
      • Wand of Affection
      • Empowered Wand of Affection
      • Robe of Affection
      • Shawl of Affection
      • Shoes of Affection
    • The Judgement set has been adjusted for Champions and includes:
      • Mace of Judgement
      • Empowered Mace of Judgement
      • Robe of Judgement
      • Shawl of Judgement
      • Shoes of Judgement
    • The White Wing set has been adjusted for Snipers and includes:
      • White Wing Suit
      • White Wing Manteau
      • White Wing Shoes
      • White Wing Brooch
    • The Black Wing Set has been adjusted for Clowns and Gypsies and includes:
      • Black Wing Suit
      • Black Wing Manteau
      • Black Wing Shoes
      • Black Wing Brooch
    • The Sapha Set has been adjusted for Assassin Crosses and includes:
      • Sapha's Cloth
      • Sapha's Hood
      • Sapha's Shoes
      • Sapha Ring
    • The Nab Set has been adjusted for Stalkers and includes:
      • Nab's Cloth
      • Nab Hood
      • Nab Shoes
      • Nab Ring
    • The Ur's Set has been adjusted for Lord Knights and includes:
      • Ur's Plate
      • Ur's Manteau
      • Ur's Greaves
      • Ur's Seal
    • The Peuz Set has been adjusted for Paladins and includes:
      • Peuz's Plate
      • Peuz's Manteau
      • Peuz's Greaves
      • Peuz's Seal
    • As indicated above, please make sure to read which sets and classes match up. Other classes cannot wear these gears!

divider_mushrooms.gif

• Grandma Mayu and her pet snail, Amberknight have arrived but they need some help adjusting to their new home. Please refer to this thread for more information.
  • Pet Evolutions have been introduced! Along with the new pets, the Pet Auto-Feed System has been enabled.
    • Please note that for now, only classic pets will evolve - we will add evolutions for custom pets in future updates.
  • Premium Cards have been revived! :P Please read about the adjustments here.
  • The Costumer can change your Easter/Spring donates and Easter event items into costumes now.
  • As per players' request, @joinbg and @leavebg has been added. If you have any further suggestions regarding Battlegrounds, please post them here for consideration: Battlegrounds Suggestion Thread.
  • @go Eden has been added as a secondary option to @go 39.

Fixes

• "Help Out the Old Man" quest in Dewata should be working properly now
  • The Retro EP Redemption NPC has been fixed to be more aesthetically pleasing
  • RSX 3.14159, Orc Knight, Orc Champion, Sewer Bug King, Sewer Bug Queen, Henry Morgan, Tino, Yuki, and Jolie will announce when their MVP cards drop
  • Shimmering Water Costume can now be traded
  • Hardened Steel Armor Set should now be working properly
  • Rose Fairy and Leaf Fairy have had their descriptions corrected from Middle Headgear to Lower Headgear
  • Mega Resist Potion can now be placed in storage
  • Third job sprites will be usable in WoE Castles due to popular demand
  • A bug that caused party leaders to lose their CEDI loot upon disconnection has now been fixed

Planned Update

• All Valentine's Day and Easter Event items will be made untradeable in a coming maintenance. We will give players approximately 30 days from this announcement to distribute their event items properly before binding them to accounts. Regular reminders will be schedule in-game, on Discord, and in future maintenance notes as well. Because we are giving notice so far in advance, please make sure to move your items as soon as possible - if you fail to move the items before they are changed, staff will not move them for you.

In light of recent discussions in public, we would also like to formally ask our players how they feel about the MVP rooms. We have noticed a recent increase in concerns regarding the four new MVP rooms and would like to know how we could improve them. Some players have outwardly suggested that the rooms be removed. If this is an attitude that most player reflect (or any suggestions regarding the MVP rooms), we would like for it to be voiced to us so we can make the appropriate adjustments.

Kind regards,

RevivalRO Management

18 hours ago, KittyBoy said:

In light of recent discussions in public, we would also like to formally ask our players how they feel about the MVP rooms. We have noticed a recent increase in concerns regarding the four new MVP rooms and would like to know how we could improve them. Some players have outwardly suggested that the rooms be removed. If this is an attitude that most player reflect (or any suggestions regarding the MVP rooms), we would like for it to be voiced to us so we can make the appropriate adjustments.

Kind regards,

RevivalRO Management

I'm a returning player. I haven't played for years. I may as well be a new player. That said... The server is very much pay to win. Keep in mind, this is from a new player point of view. Established players do not want to party with newbies. I've been told flat out that my damage isn't good enough, I'm too weak. Others have too. Doing RDC and cedi is pretty much not an option until you have gear and can hold your own. There are only two avenues open to new players. Farm the MVP rooms or donate. The new stuff added is nice, but you still need gear to farm it. The newbie package gear is temporary.

I think the MVP rooms need to stay and stay as-is. If anything, I think the MVP card drop rates need to be increased. Here's my reasoning...

1. Those MVP rooms are the best possible way for new players to get decent gear.

2. Removing them or changing them drastically will only widen the gulf between new players and established players.

3. They're the only reliable money maker (aside from donating). Even so, it's a struggle to try to play catch up.

4. The players that want them removed likely already have got what they want from them. The stuff they have probably does not sell well. Removing them would be the only way to force it. Again, widening the gulf between new and established players.

Removing them at this point would do more harm than good. 

9 minutes ago, Verryn said:

I'm a returning player. I haven't played for years. I may as well be a new player. That said... The server is very much pay to win. Keep in mind, this is from a new player point of view. Established players do not want to party with newbies. I've been told flat out that my damage isn't good enough, I'm too weak. Others have too. Doing RDC and cedi is pretty much not an option until you have gear and can hold your own. There are only two avenues open to new players. Farm the MVP rooms or donate. The new stuff added is nice, but you still need gear to farm it. The newbie package gear is temporary.

I think the MVP rooms need to stay and stay as-is. If anything, I think the MVP card drop rates need to be increased. Here's my reasoning...

1. Those MVP rooms are the best possible way for new players to get decent gear.

2. Removing them or changing them drastically will only widen the gulf between new players and established players.

3. They're the only reliable money maker (aside from donating). Even so, it's a struggle to try to play catch up.

4. The players that want them removed likely already have got what they want from them. The stuff they have probably does not sell well. Removing them would be the only way to force it. Again, widening the gulf between new and established players.

Removing them at this point would do more harm than good. 

Hello,

Aside from the MVP Room issues you mentioned, which we will answer later of course, Have you looked at the new Mora content? It's aiming for Mid-game players to be able to gear up.

I agree on what Verryn is saying.

I consider myself a new player, started in february.. The MVP rooms help to get some basic gear at least. Yet still there's enough one would need which can't be obtained there.. example: Gemini 5c each, (which one usually need 2-3), cedi equip, etc etc.

The rooms alrdy have been nerfed + the price for creds has become higher. So.. one already makes less zeny BUT has to farm more - as a non-donator. 

And there's nothing against to let players be able to gather their basic equip rather quickly. For certain content it's still not enough anyway, specially when it comes to PvP (including WoE). So even WITH these MVP rooms enabled (and I was even lucky, that I could farm there before their nerf), still had to invest real money (and not in an insignificant amount), to get my char more or less decently equipped.

• Like 1